[Kurt Roeckx]
> And they should probably also be removed from /etc/rc1.d/ in that
> case because it also uses sendsigs.  Lintian warns about this as far
> as I know.

Perhaps.  I am not quite sure how that will interact with runlevel
switching to and from runlevel 1.  I am sure it is safe for runlevels
0 and 6, as it is not possible to switch away from those and back to
runlevels 1-5.  It is important to make sure services are restarted

We want to make sure services stopped when switching to runlevel 1 are
started when switching back to runlevel 2.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen