David Kalnischkies scrisse:

> The biggest showstoppers are as far as i know that
> a) dpkg doesn't support it
> b) APT doesn't support it
> c) (not many) packages use it (last time i check ~24)
>
> c) is likely caused by a) and b) which in fact decreases the
> motivation for a) and b) to implement it as nobody use it… ***
> dependency loop detected ***

Goswin recently offered some help to improve the situation regarding a)
and c) points, but I've seen no (public) answer from you:

Given that you say apt in experimental is semi-working, it would be
interesting to join forces and see if something almost test-able can
be provided.
If so, it would also be useful to advertise it a bit more and hoping to
gain some momentum...

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org