On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 07:22:30PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:

> It would probably be best to have both options available.
>
> I've exceeded my quota for the month and web browsing is a little slow, so I
> don't want to be viewing full size screen shots right now.  But goplay is
> quite usable and useful.

Sure.  I'm not against *having* offline screenshots.  I'm just concerned
about how they are *obtained*.  You could perfectly create the package
source of games-thumbnails out of a query to screenshots.debian.net,
right?  But having two competing systems to ask users for screenshots,
one of them with a cool and sophisticated web interface and the other one
a manually driven "send me an e-mail" interface sounds quite stupid to me.

> There's no reason why the same data set couldn't be used for the goplay
> package and a web sites

Yes - I think the problem here is that goplay people and screenshots
people just do not talk to each other, right?

> - with the web site having links to bigger and more
> screen shots.

Reducing the size of a screenshot for probably smaller package size of
games-thumbnails, shouldn't be a real problem.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de