On to, 2011-03-10 at 10:42 +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>   What is the status of dep5(*) copyright file in debian ? I am using
> dh_make for preparing packages, and I had report that the default
> generated copyright template should be replaced by a dep5 one.
>   Should I fill a bug report ?

Except for minor tweaks, I consider DEP5 ready, unless someone finds a
bug that needs fixing (there's a wording change pending). The final step
is inclusion into the debian-policy package.

That said, DEP5 is optional, you can use it or not, as you wish. If you
don't want to use it, feel free to mark any bugs you get about it as
wontfix. If you do want to use it, now's as good a time as any to start,
but beware that the Format: field's URL will change once the spec gets
included into the debian-policy package.

That said, it would be awesome if dh-make would generate DEP5-compliant
debian/copyright templates, either by default or optionally. If there
isn't a bug about yet, please do file a wishlist one. Thanks.