On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Adrian Bridgett wrote:

> There is quite a lot of unstripped libraries/object files in /usr/lib, is
> this against policy?

Policy, section `3.3.2 Libraries' says that all shared libraries have to
be stripped (unless they are part of a debugging package).

I'm not sure if we should treat static libraries the same way, since some
people might need the symbols for debugging. Could someone comment on
that?

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Debian has a logo!    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/