On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 12:38:05PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> The new autopkgtest-devel list is now open for business at
>    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/autopkgtest-devel
> If you're interested in autopkgtest please subscribe to it.
> I'm going to stop sending emails to these ad-hoc CC lists from now on.

That's great, I've just subscribed to it.

> I've set the maintainer for the autopkgtest package to the devel list,
> with just myself in the uploaders for now.  Please feel free to NMU if
> you think it's appropriate, or let me know if you'd like to properly
> join the package team.

A few extra notes for the random lurker interested in this topic. During
DebConf11 we've had a BoF covering various Debian-related testing topics
[1], including autopkgtest. But beside the talking, the big news is that
Ian has hacked quite a bit on autopkgtest itself and removed all the
bitrot accumulated over the years. It's now usable and people can play
with it. For the related specs, people can look at the package
documentation or at <http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/>.

The next big enabler we now need to make people use it is a machine
periodically running tests of packages available in the archive. I've
hardware available for that, but I could use some help from an
interested devop to set it up.

Cheers.

[1] http://penta.debconf.org/dc11_schedule/events/764.en.html