* Lars Wirzenius <l...@liw.fi>, 2012-02-28, 12:58:
Nyancat is an animated, color, ANSI-text telnet server that renders a loop of the classic Nyan Cat animation. Nyancat can also be run as a standalone program in a local terminal if telnet functionality is not required.

Is this worth including in Debian? It's funny for several microfortnights, but how many people really need to install this?

Completely agreed. We should not accept any new packages in section games and then proceed to remove all the existing ones.

Debian already has 35 thousand binary packages. Do we really need to package everything? Even a tiny software toy brings a bit of burden to the entire project: it needs to be built on every architecture, Packages files grow (and they need to be processed by every Debian computer), translators need to translate the description, etc.

New translations increase amount of data you have to download every day. Ban translations!

--
Jakub Wilk