On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:25:31PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Steve McIntyre <st...@einval.com>, 2012-02-28, 16:20:
> >I've just done lots of QA work tracking down build failures while
> >bootstrapping a new architecture, typically in pet packages that
> >have gone largely unmaintained after a small number of uploads.
>
> Out of curiosity, why are pet packages important for bootstraping a
> new architecture?

All build failures have to be investigated and it will take non-zero
time to discover that such a package is not very important.

Also, release qualification for architectures
<http://release.debian.org/wheezy/arch_policy.html> requires building
the vast majority of the archive (suggested borderline is 98%).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus