On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:15:15AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <z...@debian.org> writes:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 07:49:06AM +0100, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>
> >> Our constitution does not talk about project members, and instead uses
> >> the word "developer".
>
> > In fact, the Constitution uses interchangeably "member" and "developer".

Ah, indeed. It does use member in a couple of places, a quick grep
reveals me.

> We are in the process of discussing a variety of constitutional amendments
> to be raised by the tech-ctte that will hopefully end up creating a sort
> of bundle of constitutional fixes to vote on.  Perhaps it would be good to
> include in that a terminology standardization on member for the places in
> the constitution that we refer to voting project members rather than
> specifically people who upload software.

Yes please.

Personally I don't think we need separate terms for voting member with
uploading rights and those without such rights; in the few cases where
the difference matters, it's easier (I think also better) to spell it
out rather than having yet another Debian specific term.

But we can discuss that when the issue comes up on -vote.

--
I wrote a book on personal productivity: http://gtdfh.branchable.com/