Hi Michael, Zack, et al,

thank you Michael for codesearch. Since somebody asked about code browsing and
Zack is interested in some source.debian.org I wanted to mention my dream:

For every debian source package that enters the archive, dak should commit the
source code to a public readable Git repository and put a signed tag on it.

Then:

- One can just put a git repo browser in front of all git repos and have
browsable source code of Debian.

- One can just issue

  git clone --branch=$VERSION git://git.XYZ.debian.org/$SOURCEPACKAGE

  and get the versioned source code of any Debian package even of those whose
maintainers do not yet understand the beauty and superiority of Git. :-)

Would something like that help your project? I imagine that such an
infrastructure could be a base for many nice project that we do not imagine
yet.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro