Le mercredi 08 mai 2013 à 16:51 +0100, Ian Jackson a écrit :
> * Try to identify the main ways in which bugs can be "hard" (which
>    might be technical, political, or a mixture)

One of the general problems I have been running into include several
(sometimes all) of the following patterns.

      * Few users affected by the bug, and they are not necessarily
        skilled enough to test updated packages.
      * Maintainers able to fix the affected packages not able (or
        willing to setup something complex) to test the fix.
      * Maintainers with not enough time to work on the release and more
        focused on experimental.
      * Consequences of poor upstream design choices.
      * Upstream insisting (sometimes rightfully) that the only
        reasonable fix is a major update incompatible with the freeze
        policy, sometimes with an impact on dozens of other packages.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :