Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-...@web.de> (13/05/2013):
> Please don't. That just eats up developer time to implement, more time
> to un-implement when the real solution comes and probably delays the
> real solution because nobody wants to break the temporary fix.

No. What eats up user and developer time is useless duplicates of
“can't co-install binNMU'd packages”.

> Sometimes a bit of pain is a good motivator.

Lies.

> Isn't the reason this was on hold the wheezy release and now that is
> out work on this can continue?

No. Or dpkg in experimental was forbidden by the freeze?

> Guillem sayd he already has a working solution for changelog /
> copyright as metadata at home.

Guillem's home is not the archive. Also, “show us the code” etc.

> And despide the discussion about what it is all usefull for there
> doesn't seem to be any real (unsolvable) objections to that
> solution. So I would rather see that solution in experimental NOW
> and get people to try it than divert resources to temporary fixes.

Experimental is all nice, but transitions are happening in unstable.

Mraw,
KiBi.