On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Helmut Grohne <hel...@subdivi.de> wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 09:04:53AM +0200, Ond??ej Surı wrote:
> > I have an idea ??? maybe we could have a pseudo-package called
> > "please-improve" (or whatever name we pick), where people can reassign
> > bugreports which they feel they are unable to handle. This pseudo-bug
> would
> > be monitored by some virtuous people[*] better in handling poor
> bugreports
> > and they would work with submitter to improve the bug report, and then
> > reassign it back.
>
> The downside of this approach is that you lose track of the affected
> component and version information (or at least this information is no
> longer mechanically queryable if it is present at all). So instead maybe
> tags could be used to convey this information. Indeed there are already
> some tags that that partly address your needs. For instance, "moreinfo"
> is to mark bugs that lack important information and "help" is a signal
> that you are not going to fix it. To get a cleaner view on your bugs,
> you can then use usercategories to sort bugs with tags moreinfo and help
> to the end of your report page. For more information see
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-request#user

That's useless since simple tagging as +moreinfo help would just mean that
nobody would take care of those bugs, and they would linger the
indefinitely. I could just close the bugs and the effect would be same.

I like the idea from Bastien:

affects <bugno> bug-improve

or even better

reassign <bugno> bug-improve
affects <bugno> <original-package>

But we still need the bugsquash team to be formed.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ond...@sury.org>