On 28/05/13 18:53, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2013, Arno Töll wrote:
>> Why not consider something light, better suited for most systems which
>> need nothing but a sendmail binary which is suited to relay to a
>> real(tm) mail-server and deliver local mail and does not involve lots
>> of configuration and/or listening ports?
>
> nullmailer or similar can do this fairly well. You really only need to
> have 1) configured the remote smart host 2) a remote e-mail address to
> send all local mail to.

We already (I believe) ship exim4-daemon-light as default MTA. I don't
know how much lighter are the alternatives like dma or nullmailer.

I tried both, and I ended going back to exim4-daemon-light because of
the problems I had with them (#686164 #697871 and #329192).

So I'm not sure if is worth the effort changing the default MTA.

Does anybody recommend any light MTA other than this ones?