Paul Wise <p...@debian.org> writes:

> We are already no longer supporting iceweasel in squeeze:

> http://www.debian.org/security/2013/dsa-2735

> At one point we stopped supporting clamav in oldstable:

> http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1497

> At one point there was an experiment to express the lack of security
> support for specific packages using debtags. This seems to have been
> dropped but you can see that sql-ledger and kfreebsd weren't supported
> at one point:

> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/tagindex/secteam.html
> https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2008-June/001795.html

Yeah, I know.  But the number of such exceptions is relatively limited,
enough so that we can issue security advisories saying they're not
supported any more.  It's not a comfortable compromise, but it seems to be
a workable one.  The LTS security policy is quite a bit broader in its
implications.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>