On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 11:53 +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Michael Meskes <mes...@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
>         > Guys, if you want it to happen, raise your hands *now* like
>         Gustavo did.
>         > Otherwise, please everyone: let this thread die and never
>         raise the
>         > topic again in this list.
>

>         Raising my hand here ...
>

> One more hand.
>

> But I'd like to stress we need *all* developers to be involved fix
> bugs (esp. security) in their packages in all the supported releases,
> not only in current-stable.
[...]

The challenge was: who is willing to do the work.  Your answer is: me,
but only everyone else helps.

That doesn't answer the challenge at all.

It's hard enough to get maintainers to fix bugs in current stable
(backporting can be difficult, and some just don't care), let alone
another 3 years of LTS.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
All extremists should be taken out and shot.