[Sergey B Kirpichev]
> They aren't too complex, actually.

Good.  Perhaps someone got time to test if their content can be easily
transformed into init-d-script users. :)

> Probably, we should have hooks, that can be invoked before specified
> action (e.g. start or stop) and after.  But not just for start/stop.

I already got most of these hooks.  Are more needed?

> BTW, there is try-restart action, mentioned in the LSB.  Probably,
> you should add this.  And you can implement some standard
> do_reload function (with HUP signal), disabled by
> default; the package maintainer can enable this with one-liner like
> alias do_reload_override=standard_boilerplate_for_do_reload

Good idea.  Implemented.

> Also, a very common pattern is to specify some daemon
> options somewhere in /etc/default/.  Probably, it's a good
> idea to include /etc/default/$YOUNAMEIT file and use
> some variable (e.g. $OPTIONS) to provide additional
> arguments to do_start_cmd/do_restart_cmd/do_reload_cmd.

This can be done by the init.d script itself by simply sourcing that
file.  No need to do it in init-d-script.

> You can add a specific helper to be invoked if a non-standard action
> is specified.  Only if that helper doesn't exist OR fail with status
> code 3 - call usage().  Then exit with the provided status code (or
> 3).

Good idea.  Implemented.

Please check out the latest version.

> I don't think that it's a bad idea to think about.

Sure.  Just trying to keep this mechanism simple. :)

> Sorry for typo :(

No problem. :)

--
Happy hacking