I sent the poor guy a link to my bashrc with how to compile
debian binary and source packages then noone has to feel bad :-)

but true, constructive feedback is much better than flaming just
to flame

I bet most of us have tried running non-free at some time,
and seen several reasons, i.e. adobe flash plugin or nonfree wifi firmware

it is a good idea to urge people to reconsider adding non-free binaries
though I think.
maybe that should be in the wiki? (add to clause 5?)

there might be a few number of reasons like he says that source cannot be
released

I just wouldn't urge him to add it to any pub repos unless it was very used
software.

having a too large non-free repos is not a good thing IMO.

distributing packages offline/directly to customers is still possible even
if it isn't in the repos.