Hi dear Debian Developers and Maintainers,

I'm stuck with this jquery problem, and I don't know the best solution for it.

Doxygen creates and embeds a patched jquery version (why they don't extend
jquery in another file or rename it to avoid clashes is obscure to me), then
symlink can result in a broken documentation.

Many sponsors doesn't sign a package with a lintian warning/error such as
"embedded jquery minified version" or so, and so I started making packages with
a dh_linktree jquery symlink (I know this is bad, and this is the reason of why
I'm here).

So I would like to know what is the best way to solve it, I'm open to avoid all
the symlinks in my packages that are currently:
-casablanca (new queue)
-websocketpp
-libsdl2-gfx
-lucene++

(maybe others I don't recall now)

But I would like to do it after knowing what is the best solution for the
problem [1].

Shipping minified js is considered a security issue, even for doc package, and
the bug seems likely in doxygen rather than in packages using it, and patching
lintian is an open bug [2] :)

References I found by googling (and with thanks to some of my mentors)

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2012/11/msg00310.html
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=736360

BTW sometimes the documentation lacks of the jquery inclusion, but this is a
debian specific bug

have many thanks for enlightening me!

cheers,

Gianfranco