On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Joey Hess <jo...@debian.org> wrote:

> If I have one regret from my 18 years in Debian, it's that when the
> Debian constitution was originally proposed, despite seeing it as
> dubious, I neglected to speak out against it. It's clear to me
> now that it's a toxic document, that has slowly but surely led Debian
> in very unhealthy directions.

We're fucked! (in my perception of this language there is no better way to
say this).

I know that no person is irreplaceable, but for as long as I know Debian, I
have
experienced Joey as a voice of reason -- seemingly indistractable from
technical
matters, and one of the giants whose proverbial shoulders are carrying this
project.

If the trajectory towards a more inclusive project does not have enough
room to
accommodate people like him, I doubt that the price we need to pay for the
achieving
this goal is worth it.

Michael