Russ Allbery's response already refuted the general approach of
attempting to create artificial divisiveness between Debian users, but
in addition to that, I'd like to refute a specific bit of misinformation
from this mail:

Noel Torres wrote:
> But we can have estimates. popcon gives us 98681 installations of
> libgnomevfs2-common (which may indicate desktop or laptop users) and
> 96647 installations of apache2.2-bin (which may indicate server
> users). Not a big difference.

gnome Depends: gnome-core, which Depends: gnome-user-share, which
Depends: apache2-bin (or apache2.2-bin in stable, which is a
transitional package depending on apache2-bin in unstable).

- Josh Triplett