Quoting Dominique Dumont (2015-05-21 15:55:47)
> On Thursday 21 May 2015 12:49:23 Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> I believe the license grant is just as important as the license text.

I do too - but they are not the same and I find it relevant to
distinguish between them for the format to truly be machine-readable.

>> I prefer to clarify that 'License:' is intended to hold the license
>> grant text together with the license text itself (or a pointer for
>> the common license texts).
>
> I don't mind provided you choose the right license short name.

Problem with treating License and License-Grant as a whole is that it
only really works when upstream grant licensing terms in a fully
consistent way.

If some code is granted with the phrase "under GPL 2" and other parts is
granted with the phrase "licensed under GNU Public License version 2"
then Debian Policy dictate that we include *verbatim* both statements.

Both statements references identical licensing terms but are not
identical statements.

 - Jonas