On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Wookey wrote:

> This is a worthy goal, but I've had long conversations about this,
> trying to think up some 'neutral' names which aren't confusing and
> have failed. After much hand-wringing I concluded that one might as
> well just use the GNU names as we use GNU conventions in other places

Hmm sure. Using the GNU names is perfectly fine, I think I was not
using the right term when I wrote “neutral”, picking either of the
pre-existing ones is for the best anyway as it uses something that
is already well established in parts of the various communities, I
just meant that it better be documented, and not used to annoy up‐
stream people using the other / a different nomenclature.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
>> Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
> Because I use lynx as browser.
+1
        -- Octavio Alvarez, me and ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ (Mario Lang) on debian-devel