Hello,

> Dmitry Smirnov dijo [Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 01:41:40PM +1000]:
>> I found it very disappointing that I had to defend Debian against Ubuntu
>> which is stealing our audience by somehow arranging more favourable hosting
>> conditions on Azure. I'm not talking about availability of OS images.
>> According to "Information for Non-Endorsed Distributions" [1]

I agree you shouldn't be in this position if you have both decided on Debian,
Dmitry. I'll connect with you to see if I can help.

> I'm bringing this discussion to José Miguel Parrella "bureado", who
> besides being a Debian Developer works as "Open Source Strategist for
> Emerging Markets in Latin America" in Microsoft. I know there have
> been many interesting answers to your question, but I'm sure he will
> have some further insight.

Josh commented on this already but for those of you not attending DebConf both
Michael and Josh mentioned today that work is in progress to bring a Debian
image to Azure soon.  The DebConf target unfortunately slipped but Fall 2015 is
the new target. There are no technical reasons blocking Debian from working on
Azure [1]. There are Debian customers in Azure today, and some DDs including
henrich and waldi have been working in packaging, test builds as well as
providing (very valuable) input both for Hyper-V as well as for Azure.

bureado

[1] https://vmdepot.msopentech.com/List/Index?sort=Featured&search=debian