❦ 25 août 2015 18:03 +0200, Vincent Bernat <ber...@debian.org> :

>> Can anyone tell me which package/configuration is reponsible for systemd
>> running a package upgrade during bootup? I certainly never willingly
>> configured this feature, but still have it. And for the second time it
>> destroyed my system by deinstalling a lot of packages, instead of putting the
>> conflicting packages on hold.
>
> This is systemd-system-update-generator which adds a symlink to enable
> the system-update target as a default target. Have a look at
> systemd.generator(8) to know how to disable it (symlink to /dev/null in
> /etc/systemd/system-generators/systemd-system-update-generator if I
> understand correctly).

Also, the actual update is not done by systemd. I believe that you need
to have packagekit installed (and I suppose that the /system-update file
needed to trigger the whole thing is also set by packagekit). Check with:
 systemctl list-dependencies system-update.target

On my machine, I don't have anything other than sysinit.target.
--
Man is the only animal that blushes -- or needs to.
                -- Mark Twain