Hi,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 08:34:11PM +0100, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:51:11 -0800, Steve Langasek <vor...@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 04:10:14PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> [...]
> > And we should have better tools to generate debian/copyright files - this
> > shouldn't be an intensive manual process.  Unfortunately the only tool I'm
> > aware of that does this is coupled to cdbs.
>
> I've used debmake which does a reasonable job of generating initial copyright
> files and checking them. Lintian is also getting better at the latter.

Due to the fact "debmake -cc" does bunching of the same copyright
claims, it intentionally picks up the first instance of the copyright
claim.  I know that is a design flaw which needs to be addressed.  (This
is one of the slowest part of the code. That is another reason why I am
reluctant to pick up many.)

Since license check only print its judgement, it does full text match
printing multiple matches.

If any of you find issues, please file bug report with pointer to the
problematic file example to debmake.

Osamu