Jakub Wilk <jw...@debian.org> writes:
> * Ole Streicher <oleb...@debian.org>, 2016-04-10, 14:22:
>>When I look into the "overrides" file for debian stretch:
>>
>>http://ftp.debian.org/debian/indices/override.stretch.main.gz
>>
>> I find there more than 48.000 overrides; which means that almost
>> *all* packages are overridden.
>
> Exactly _all_ binary packages are in the override file.

Yes, but why?

> That doesn't mean that that every single package had their priority or
> section actually changed.

But I repeatedly experienced that when I change the priority in the
package, it is not changed in the archive. liberfa1 is an example here.

Probably the most common case is like this one: the priority in the
package changed, but the overrides file keeps it at the old value, so
they actually differ. What is the use of this? Why can't I change the
Priority of my packages on my own? This seems to make a change
extra->optional unnecessarily complicated, and involves the
always-overloaded ftp-master in a process where I don't see a policy
risk.

Best regards

Ole