]] Pirate Praveen

> On 2016, ഏപ്രിൽ 11 3:44:09 PM IST, Tollef Fog Heen <tfh...@err.no> wrote:
> >I'd really like this to be an optional addon, since there's no way you
> >could know how to integrate with how I acquire my certs.  I also
> >question whether it's the job of an application to set up
> >certificates. Does that mean you're configuring various application
> >servers (for vhosting) and TLS terminators too?
>
> It is optional. I do configure a site for nginx (add virtual host in
> /etc/nginx/sites-available). TLS is enabled when it is selected. I can
> make nginx configuration optional.

I think it should be, nginx is just one of many HTTP servers in the
archive, and just one of many ways to terminate TLS.  (Unless gitlab in
some way depends on nginx specific features.)

> >Minor comment, but hopefully you're asking about TLS and not SSL in any
> >questions you ask the admin.
>
> Isn't that just semantics? OpenSSL is still not renamed to OpenTLS
> (yes there is gnuTLS). I think SSL term is still widely used referring
> to TLS.

It's true that SSL is still used to refer to both SSL and TLS, but it's
imprecise and we should move away from that usage.  Use TLS if you mean
TLS and SSL/TLS if you mean either.

--
Tollef Fog Heen