I am moving [1] to NMU a big non-free package, w3-recs [2][3],
last updated five years ago.  During the last five years,
upstream has grown, both in volume [4] and in scope [5], for
legitimate reasons.  The new *.orig.tar.gz or *.orig.tar.xz
would be about 200 GiB in size, six times what it is now.

    1: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=836943
    2: https://packages.debian.org/sid/w3-recs
    3: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/w3-recs
    4: https://www.w3.org/TR/tr-date-all
    5: https://www.w3.org/TR/html51/references.html#references

The NMUed package would rank among the top 50 in size,
might be the second biggest non-free package in stretch, and
would be by far the heaviest upload I had ever made.

That's a lot for an NMU.

Unfortunately, without an NMU, this package would not be very
useful to stretch users.

I'd do what I could to trim the size, but this NMU will be big
no matter what I do.

Advice?  Objections?