On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 11:41:16PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 08:16:14PM +0200, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> > so what's going to be the best way to make these
> > available to Debian stable users?
> https://wiki.debian.org/Chromium#Extensions

Thanks, that tells me the proper way to re-enable extensions, and I
think it's valuable given that on the internet people describe all sorts
of dirty way to reenable them.

On top of that, I'd like to have some more context for what's going on,
what I lose, what I gain. Like:

What is the amount of phoning home that I get if I enable that?

If I enable extensions that way, do they get updated as new versions
come out, or do I open a security nightmare of extensions making my
browser more and more vulnerable as they age?

(I noticed that I can manually trigger an update in
"chrome://extensions/", enable Developer Mode, click on "Update
extensions now")

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enr...@enricozini.org>