On 13.07.2017 18:07, Russ Allbery wrote:
> The workaround was a bunch of bullshit in our install process to try to
> figure out which NIC got the DHCP response and then pin that one to eth0
> for subsequent boots.  (Which is basically what udev persistent naming
> did.)

At least when you netboot there's a protocol supported by PXELINUX to
pass a BOOTIF= option to the kernel with the MAC address of the NIC that
performed the PXE boot. And d-i is supposed to then DHCP on that
particular interface. But if that all is properly persisted onto the
final system without intervention, that I don't know[1].

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] Although I feel like I should.