Hi,

I am looking into switching apache2/libapr/libaprutil from explicit -dbg
packages to the automatic dbgsym packages. And since I have included a
README.backtrace in apache2, I wonder how one describes to a sysadmin that
has no clue about software development which dbgsym packages they need to
install.

There is of course the problem that there are many modules for apache2,
and also libaprutil1 has some plugins. So the obvious approach of
recommending to install all dbgsym packages that may be relevant is not
feasible.

Is there some tool that parses /proc/maps and the build-ids fields from
the apt repository to determine which dbgsym packages to install?

Cheers,
Stefan