Hi,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Instead we should use <package>@packages.debian.org. But for this we
> > need a lintian upload and a lintian backport to be installed on
> > ftp-master:
>
> Er, that would create a mail loop. <package>@packages.debian.org
> redirects to the data of the maintainer field. If you put that address
> in the maintainer field, it redirects to itself, again and again and
> again and again and...

No, this is wrong. I already modified the code behind
packages.debian.org[1] for this to not happen (and I already explained
this earlier in debian-devel[2]). The only thing we are waiting currently
for is a lintian upload where #871575 [3] is fixed (and then we need the
backport to be installed on ftp-master).

[1]
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/webwml/packages.git/commit/?h=debian-master&id=5f4f27920e996e521d32dfb5a9693a09348d18d5
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/08/msg00247.html
[3] https://bugs.debian.org/871575