On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 07:17:14PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 06, Simon Richter <s...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > As it is now, we have a lot of people who are maintaining their own
> > packages outside of Debian. Can we get enough support to reintegrate
> > both the people and the code?
> I will ignore for the time being the reasons why these packages are
> outside of Debian, and focus on the obvious prerequisite.
> As it is now, and as Simon is patiently trying to explain, sysvinit in
> Debian is basically unmaintained because no Debian developer cares
> enough about it.

Ian Jackson and Benda Xu are nobodies?
(Somehow Ian mistakenly versioned an upload as NMU.)

I can't think of any pressing issue (#872039 has bogus severity), the
package is mature, and any recent breakage happened due to systemd changes.

This is not to say all is fine -- the package really could take some extra
work, but it is functional.

Meow!
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple