Guillem Jover <guil...@debian.org> writes:

> Some packages might not show activity for longish periods of time,
> because maintainers batch changes, for example to do at least one
> upload per release, with general packaging and QA updates/improvements,
> etc.
>
> Also there might be bugs open that are difficutl to fix (with no
> patch), etc, that might show no activity for a long time.
>
> So I'd probably qualify the requirement above. I'm not entirely sure
> how though. I mean [c] kind of covers it superficially, but I'm not
> sure that's clear enough or if the intention was something along these
> lines. For example, if there's a difficult bug open, and then a patch
> is sent and gets no reply, that could count as inactivity in my book,
> but not otherwise.

Would it be a big hassle for you to reply to a hypothetical salvaging
bug saying essentially what you just wrote, or maybe some short form? As
far as I understand that would be enough to stop any salvaging process.
I agree that it's a bit of busywork for the maintainer, but maybe that
bug could be left open and marked wontfix to avoid too much opening and
closing of bugs.

David