On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 12:03:18PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> My understanding is that there are quite deep social reasons for the
> current policy (please note, though, that I was not involved in Debian
> when this piece of policy was created; neither was I involved during the
> nodejs TC decision).
>
> The current policy protects maintainers and users of less popular
> packages from feeling that their package is less important in Debian,
> just because something else that is more popular comes along and happens
> to use the same name.
Still, the nodejs case was, at least to a casual observer, only a massive
waste of time and nerves.

Last upload of ax25-node was in 2008, in 2009 it was effectively orphaned,
the TC bug was filed in 2011 and resolved in 2012, in 2015 ax25-node was
removed with "ROM; no activity, open security issues, de facto orphaned"
(the status that was true when the TC bug was filed). In 2017 the previous
TC decision was repealed.

--
WBR, wRAR