On November 6, 2018 1:14:03 AM UTC, Paul Wise <p...@debian.org> wrote:
>So, really the only reason to support Secure Boot is to avoid users
>having to turn Secure Boot off in their BIOS and avoid having to
>document how to do that on every firmware implementation that is being
>shipped on new hardware. I think it is definitely worth the effort to
>do this to avoid turning people away to other distros.

I'm booting Debian from an external ssd on a locked down laptop, where I cannot
disable the secure boot. I had to install the shim of ubuntu.

I would definitively prefer to use the Debian one, the install phase would be
way easier and I could even decide to install to the internal drive.

thanks,
Domenico