On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 08:33:44AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Today at least I don't think we're talking about making not using dh an
> RC bug.  It would not make a lot of sense to me to start there.

indeed. using dh should currently be a "should" in policy, with two
exceptions:

- packages using cdbs. cdbs has features dh doesnt have and I dont think
  it's wrong to use cdbs. (Although I don't recommend it...)
- build-depends of debhelper.

Maybe we could also make the "should" stronger:

- new packages (except if they are ment to become build-depends of
  debhelper) *must* either use dh or cdbs.
- old packages should be switched to dh (or cdbs).

And then turn this "should" into a "must" for bookworm (and thus make it
RC then as well).

--
tschau,
        Holger

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.