Hey all,

I understand the woes on all sides, but I believe the correct “Debian" way
would be to drop ZoL from Buster release.  Of course we can wait until it
breaks after Linux kernel upgrade, but I would say it’s better to prevent the
dance around removing the package from the buster and just not release with it.

I see no reason why ZoL should be treated differently than any other software
in Debian.  If we cannot make the ZoL in Buster safe for our users it needs to
be removed from the release, and perhaps provided via buster-backports.  This
is neither the first nor the last software that would be treated like this, and
honestly pragmatic approach here would just prevent hurt feelings on all sides
long-term.

Cheers,
Ondrej
--