On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 8:16 PM Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> Let's seriously consider using year based release identifiers.

At this point in the thread it is very clear that which identifier one
prefers is very individual and dependent on use-cases. So we should
add support for more individuals and use-cases in order to accommodate
everyone's preferences. Killing off use-cases by switching between
identifier styles isn't the right way to go.

I suggest that we add an "Aliases" field to the Release file. Then apt
could use that to silence its warnings about sources.list not matching
Suite/Codename. Then we could request ftp-master update dak to
populate the Aliases field and add symlinks for all aliases. Any
volunteers to write the needed patches?

--
bye,
pabs