On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 01:47:47PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 8/14/2019 12:40 PM, Simon Richter wrote:
> > I have a few users who do test builds of kicad on my server, so I'd like to
> > provide the necessary build dependencies, but since a few days, the
> > dependency chain
> >
> >     libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev
> >       libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-0v5
> >         libgtk-3-0
> >           libgtk-3-common
> >             dconf-gsettings-backend
> >               dconf-service
> >                 dbus-user-session
> >                   libpam-systemd
> >                     systemd-sysv
> >
> > stops gtk upgrades from happening because I have pinned systemd-sysv to
> > -100 to avoid repeating the last unfortunate incident where I had to drive
> > to the colo facility.
>
> You want dbus-x11 instead of dbus-user-session then, I think.

For this and related issues, I wonder if it would be better to replace the
virtual package pair of {default-,}dbus-session-bus with a real dummy
package that has:
Depends: dbus-x11 | systemd-sysv, dbus-user-session | dbus-x11

This would pull in dbus-user-session for systemd users, dbus-x11 for any
other init.

(The idea might be bogus -- I haven't slept since Monday morning; anyone up
for beersigning near Frankfurt airport until late evening?)

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian is one big family.  Including that weird uncle