Hi,

Timo Lindfors <timo.lindf...@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021, Marc Haber wrote:
> > Absolutely. The Installation Experience is one of the first contacts
> > with the distribution for most people¹, and since we all know that the
>
> Yep. I think using the live environment for installation could be more
> user-friendly as the user is already familiar with how to use e.g. USB drive
> or
> browser during the installation if they need to search for help or copy
> some additional firmware files. The number of people who know how to do
> this in the current d-i images is much lower since you'd need to use the
> command-line with a really restricted set of tools.

Hmm, AFAICS the calamares installer does not include functionality to
pull non-free firmware.
At least I cannot see a checkbox or similar, where to activate/deactivate
such feature / where to enable non-free...

Or did I miss something?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076