On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:46:21AM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 19.08.21 um 08:27 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> > I'll check later today, if i-s-h (init-system-helpers) does properly
> > handle this new path. If so, I'd say the bug should be reassigned to
> > lintian and we should start transitioning the files to
> > /usr/lib/systemd/system.
>
> I now remember updating i-s-h [1].
>
> So we should be safe using /usr/lib/systemd/system I'd say.

OK, thanks for confirming this.  What really worried me was this text
in lintian:

N:   Systemd in Debian searches for unit files in /lib/systemd/system/ and
N:   /etc/systemd/system. Notably, it does *not* look in
N:   /usr/lib/systemd/system/ for service files.

This implied that it was *systemd* that didn't like /usr/lib/systemd,
and I didn't understand the subtlty that it was really the how
Debian's init-system-helpers worked which was the issue.

So it sounds like it's OK for me to upload a package like e2fsprogs
with a systemd unit file, despite the lintian flagging this as an
error.

                                      - Ted