On Mon, 2022-03-14 at 15:28 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> I'm not particularly anti-systemd - there are lots of things about it
> that I like and use.  However, I'm not sure the ergonomics of it
> weighed up against user crontabs are particularly favourable.

I think we are only talking about possibly replacing cronjobs shipped
by packages with .timer units in this thread, i.e., the files in
/etc/cron.d and /etc/cron.{daily,monthly,weekly}.

Cron jobs added manually by users or system administrators are a
different problem. There is only a very small contact area: if we
replace all cron jobs with .timer units, then we might also choose to
no longer install cron by default and users would have to install it
manually.

Ansgar