On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 08:40:04AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 02/10/22 at 04:23 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > I did another _source_ rebuild of the archive -- checking if every package
> > is capable of repacking its source.  Ie, if you can unpack it, (possibly
> > modify), and pack again.
[...]
> > This leaves one big set: packages that fail the clean step due to
> > undeclared B-Depends.
[...]
> > ... which makes sense as you might be interested in only an arch:all or
> > arch:any build, and we have no clean-indep/clean-arch targets.
[...]
> > As 291 packages fail this requirement, I'm posting here before (instead?)
> > filing bugs.  There's also a question of severity.

> Are you saying that those 291 packages fail when only
> Build-Depends/Build-Conflicts are satisfied, but do not fail when
> Build-Depends-Indep is also satisfied?

Yes, exactly.

> FWIW, when I do archive rebuilds, I rebuild the source, but that's with
> Build-Depends-Indep installed.

Apparently there's not a single package that needs B-D-Arch.  I've just
looked in case if sbuild installs those by default, but it's not the case.
A sample package (acmetool) for example says:

dh clean --buildsystem=golang --with=golang,apache2
   dh_auto_clean -O--buildsystem=golang
Can't exec "go": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/golang.pm line 443.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/golang.pm line 443.
Can't exec "go": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/golang.pm line 449.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/golang.pm line 449.
Use of uninitialized value $_gcc_major in multiplication (*) at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/golang.pm line 450.
   dh_autoreconf_clean -O--buildsystem=golang
   dh_clean -O--buildsystem=golang
 dpkg-source -b .

but succeeds.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Genetics say, virgin birth may not possibly produce male offspring.
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Thus, either Jesus was fathered by (Abdes?) Pantera, or she was trans.