Hi,

On 13-10-2022 17:32, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
hrm... maybe I misunderstand but I thought your initial mail talked about build
profiles (aka DEB_BUILD_PROFILES) and not build options (aka
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS). The policy section you cite is about DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS and
not about DEB_BUILD_PROFILES.

As far as I know, build profiles are not documented in policy at all yet. The
bug for that is https://bugs.debian.org/757760

Am I missing something?

Ok, maybe I mixed things up a bit. In the end, what matters for the Release Team is that we (potentially; in the future) want to *use* <!nodoc> declared Build-Dependencies to figure out what we consider key packages. Building documentation is important, but if we can choose between not building documentation and not building at all, we prefer the former (exceptions exist, as always).

Paul