Am 26.10.22 um 12:14 schrieb Michael Biebl:

This trigger is activated by packages installing files into /etc/rsyslog.d

But you can activate that trigger explicitly as well via
dpkg-trigger --now-await rsyslog

So, if your package ships a file in /etc/rsyslog.d/ everything should work ootb. If you create the file dynamically via maintscripts, you need to add an explicit dpkg trigger in your maintscripts.

I need to take this back. Atm, we don't allow an explicit dpkg-trigger for rsyslog via the name "rsyslog".

We could add it though, if there is a need for it.