Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues writes ("Re: Multi-host networking software,
autopkgtests"):
> there already exist a number of autopkgtest scripts that start a qemu virtual
> machine and then run some script inside of it by connecting to it via ssh.
> Maybe this can be helpful to you for now:

Thanks.  I considered this but it seemed overkill (and it won't
inherit the dependency versions selected by autopkgtest).

For now I'm working on an adhoc thing that uses
  - Restrictions: needs-root
  - overlayfs to make an editable clone of the fs provided by autopkgtest
  - chroot
  - ip netns
  - apt-mark and apt-autoremove to get rid of unwanted deps

It's not particularly pretty but it's not much code and I feel I'm
making progress.  I'll report back here when I've succeeded - or
failed :-).

Thanks,
Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.