Hello,

On Mon 27 Mar 2023 at 12:02AM +01, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> I think you're *reaching* here. I know of quite a few projects where
> they consider their CI setup to be an intergral part of project
> development. Should we therefore declare that "preferred form of
> modification" could include all of the github or gitlab
> infrastructure?

Something that I have in mind in particular is longer commit messages.
These can be as important as code comments, and sometimes having them
attached to commits is more useful than just finding somewhere to put
them in the code.  Indeed, Emacs exports all these as CHANGELOG files in
its release tarballs.

--
Sean Whitton