On Fri, 2023-05-19 at 20:57 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Hmm.  I find the netboot installer archives very useful for rescue
> purposes.  This sometimes involves PC hardware too old for amd64. I PXE
> booted a 20+ year old laptop with no DVD/CD drive (Compaq Evo N410c - CD
> drive was part of the optional docking station) using a bullseye
> netboot.tar not long ago.

You can keep using the bullseye netboot.tar for the next 20+ years to
rescue boot an ancient system, copy the data off of it, and then
responsibly dispose the system.

I don't think this is a good argument to keep generating i386 install
media.

> Not a major thing, but if you're going to keep most of i386 anyway...

I would hope we could eventually drop some expensive, useless packages
from i386 like src:linux.

Ansgar